|Master Post of Important Entries
||[Jun. 28th, 2035|10:52 am]
Because I noticed there were a fair number of these starting to build up, I am going to minimise the clutter and post all important and relevant links here:
My List of Fandoms and Ships -- (always changing/expanding, not all-inclusive)
My LJ Master List of Fan Fiction (all fandoms, all pairings, condensed via LJ Cuts. Date it was last updated will always be at the end of the post)
My AO3 List of Fics (easily sortable within the site in regards to fandom and/or pairings, characters, and any other tags used. Because of sporadic DDoS attacks and the LJ entry character limits that cut fics off around 9-k per post--as well as my tendency to fail at short fics--many of my newer (since summer 2011) fics, especially those written for fests, get posted there first. As of Dec 2011, there are still several newer fics there that are not on my LJ Master List. It's easier to update there, all things considered, so though all of my fics will eventually be posted here on LJ, my AO3 page will likely be fully updated before my list here is, though probably done in large spurts instead of steadily.)
My List of Permissions for Podfic, Art, Translations, etc.
Dear Yuletide Author letter, 2011 edition (fandoms include Gattaca (1997 film), The Demon's Lexicon series, by Sarah Rees Brennan (sarahtales), and The Dark Tower series, by Stephen King.)
A Bunch of Things I Like, and a Few I Don't (dysonrules ' fandom-wide gift post; handy reference for exchange fests, brief lists of kinks/squicks, and even a few notes on RL things I like that don't have to do with fic. Posted back in July 2010, but I might update it at some point, as there are some things that are no longer actually valid!)
Prompt Me: Harry Potter edition (a place to leave simple phrases/objects/scenarios as prompts; always open and taking suggestions; mostly H/D, but other pairings or gen ideas welcome)
Prompt Me: Inception edition (a place to leave simple phrases/objects/scenarios as prompts; always open and taking suggestions; mostly A/E, but prompts accepted for any scenario/pairing)
|List of my fandoms and ships
||[Apr. 9th, 2020|09:34 pm]
(General Note: This list is by no means complete. I can guarantee you I ship more pairings in these fandoms than are listed here, and I am open to fandoms that aren't on this list and I would welcome fic recs (and, if prompted, might even write) for them, even if I am not actively involved in that fandom)
(General Note #2: List of fandoms now in alphabetical order, though my main ones are noted with asterisks)
( my MAIN fandoms and ships (not a complete listing of all loved fandoms)Collapse )
[updated 01 Sept 2013]
|Master Post of Fanfiction
||[Mar. 30th, 2020|01:36 pm]
Harry Potter( Harry/Draco Drabbles and Ficlets (under 1000 words)Collapse )
( Harry/Draco Shorter Oneshots (1000-10,000 words)Collapse )
( Harry/Draco Longer Oneshots (10,000+ wordsCollapse )
( RedemptionCollapse )
( Taking What One Needs (BDSM)Collapse )
( Private LessonsCollapse )
( 13 Smutty Nights (Halloween; Auror partners)Collapse )
Harry/Draco Other( Harry Potter, other pairings, fics under 5000 wordsCollapse )
- I'm Still Malfoy: Lyrics as sung by one Draco Malfoy (in a Harry/Draco context). Sung to the tune of Brad Paisley's "I'm Still A Guy". (335 words. PG-13. Crack!fic, Song Parody)
The Demon's Lexicon
Not Just Anyone
: (Mae/Sin). Rebuffed by Nick, Mae finds someone else in the woods after the dance. (1067 words. PG-13. Femmeslash, a bit PWP).
: (Mae/Sin). A few words can change everything. (1952 words. PG-13. Femmeslash. Voice!kink. Spoilers for both Lexicon and Covenant. Mentions of canon deaths
Drabbles/Ficlets (under 1000 words):( Arthur/Eames fics under 1000 wordsCollapse )
Fics over 1k:
The Hunger Games
- Easy Sleep: (Katniss/Peeta). Peeta used to help Katniss sleep. This time, she returns the favor. (750 words, PG. Some angst). Spoilers for the whole of the series. Takes place during the epilogue of Mockingjay.
- Round Midnight: (Katniss/Peeta). Katniss has a nightmare. Peeta helps. (70 words, PG. Angst, hurt/comfort). Written as a birthday gift for ladderax, who prompted Katniss/Peeta and "spoon". Spoilers through part of Catching Fire (set during the first half of that novel).
- I Only Lent You My Body: (Vincent Freeman/Jerome Eugene Morrow). As time passes, Vincent and Jerome become comfortable with one another, until the boundaries of who they are when they're together start to...blur. (1400 words. PG-13, Angst). Written for yuletide 2011.
NOTES: There are still currently fics of mine that are not on this list. It's a slow, painful process to get them posted to my LJ and put on this list, but I am working on it. So far, the missing ones (to my knowledge) are:
(There are also several that are currently in progress. These include 2012 Smoochfest, a few birthday fics, a number of charity fics, and a good number of other fics in the Suits, Inception, Harry Potter, True Blood, Firefly, and Hunger Games fandoms. A few of the fics that have not yet been posted on my LJ can be found on my AO3 page.)
- 2010 Bottom_Draco -- It's a Cold and It's a Broken Hallelujah
- 2010 HD_fan_far // Travel Fair -- The Most Miserable Place on Earth
- 2010 HP_Yule_Balls -- Of Dark Wizards, Quidditch, and Samosas
- Serpentinelion's first Glompfest -- Cocoa and Constellations
- 2010 Goblin Market Ship Wars collaborative project (comic) -- The Waste Dreams Realised Leave Behind
- 2011 Lip Locked -- One More Breath
- 2011 H/D Remix -- If You're Having Problems, I Feel Bad For You Son
- 2011 HP Kinkfest -- Cicatrices
- Smoochfest 2011 -- Doctor! Doctor! (Is this love I'm feeling?)
- HD_Relief (fic #1) -- Relax (don't do it)
- HD Relief (fic #2) -- And He Alone Sits Lingering Here
- LDWS entries at AE_LDWS, Round Two
- HP_PornInTheSun -- Libiamo! (amor fra' calici più caldi baci avrà)
- Serpentinelion's 2nd Glompfest -- Rebuilding Draco Malfoy
- Pod_together's 2011 challenge -- "Handle With Care"
- Fic and Art/Fic collabs at ae_match (Team Angst entry) -- "Murder Your Darlings project
- HD_CockBook fic -- At Night a Candle's Brighter Than the Sun
- HD_Canon_Fest 2011 -- New Eyes and Extra Colours
- HD_Holidays 2011 -- Harry Potter and the Problematic Partnership
- Mini_Fest fic -- Near to Us No More
- HP Challengefest, Round 2 -- Double Rush
- 2011 Leopalooza -- Everything I Need
- 2012 Valensmut -- Wine and Pleasure in Equal Measure
- Inception Big Bang, Round 2 -- Recipe for Disaster
- Suits_Exchange, Round 1 -- Sick Day
- 2012 H/D Remix -- Sine Qua Non (full version forthcoming)
- giftfic for envy_venis -- Tea for Two
--updated 10 April, 2012
|Plot Bunny Numbers!
||[Nov. 2nd, 2014|03:42 pm]
Soooooo, I'm pretty sure I've figured out my cause of death. It's quite likely going to be that I've been smothered/crushed by a stampeding mass of bunnies.|
(Mostly of the plot variety. But both maja_li and byaghro can affirm that they seem to LITERALLY manifest/pop up around me, quite frequently. There's that island in Japan that is basically bunny central. I'm not sure if I should take a trip and visit it, or stay away entirely XD)
Anyway, as promised, here are the plot bunny totals I was able to tally. Sadly, some of these numbers SHOULD be higher (especially in the HP and Inception fandoms), but I lost a number of files in a hard drive crash about a year and a half ago (which is why I have a couple of fics--most notably my sequel to my first Inception Big Bang--that are paused on AO3...since I now have to rewrite the stuff I lost).
These totals reflect only specific, countable bunnies, each of which have their own individual entry in my plot bunny spreadsheet (which has one tab per fandom).
Bunnies Accounted For/Tagged and Collared:
Teen Wolf: 171
Harry Potter: 48
Les Miserables: 97
Other: 42 (includes True Blood, Demon's Lexicon series, Skyfall, Welcome to Nightvale, American Horror Story (S1), Hunger Games series, The Hobbit, Original Fiction, and 8 bunnies that are extra-flexible and could fit into a number of fandoms, but have yet to be assigned)
So? Grand total?
595. Yep. Five hundred ninety-five individual, logged story ideas. And I'd estimate that about a quarter of them have some writing already done on them--anywhere from bits of narration or a couple of dialogue exchanges to, in some cases, several thousand words and multiple scenes.
...A moment of pity and support for groolover, who ends up betaing 99% of my fics, and also either pity or blame for maja_li and byaghro, who are the most likely to be subjected to random text messages or emails detailing bunnies that have just bit, or even ambush texts/emails where I just dump a scene of fic on them without warning (I included the "blame" option for these two, though, because sometimes they are the ones who shove bunnies into my damn hands and then run away, giggling).
Congrats to byaghro and azurelunatic for correctly guessing the number of bunnies in the most fandoms (though Esby has perhaps the unfair advantage/burden of having me sit on her couch and ramble about a lot of them, or hear about them over dinner or while running errands, so she's decently familiar with how active my muse is, on average). kayoko also gets an honorable mention here :)
...Those of you who answered "too damn many" are also probably right, and win as well. Those few who answered "not enough"...well...given the size of these numbers, perhaps all you have to do is wait a bit XD
|*crawls out from under work-shaped rock*
||[Oct. 28th, 2014|10:19 am]
I'm still alive. Er. I think.
Work is ridiculous, and it's not even the place I last posted about (or the place after that one, even). But I'm working in a bakery again, and I've been there since late April, and it's...going a hell of a lot better than it was, in the beginning (perhaps I'll post about that sometime, but don't hold your breath, please). Main thing about that being that I was utterly, completely miserable, and it was bleeding into my personal life, and now I'm not, even if it's not the favorite of all the jobs I've had.
I've kept up with a number of you via some combination of twitter, tumblr, iMessage, gchat, and facebook, but have sadly lost track of others, especially since I know a lot of people have migrated away from LJ. I, myself, post pretty much all of my new fic on AO3. I keep meaning to put it here, too, but limited computer time has made that...not a thing that's happened, yet.
If you've a moment, drop me a comment and let me know what's going on in your life! If you're reading this, then yes, I care, and I mean you!
Also, I'm doing NaNoWriMo again this year, because I am insane and apparently a bit of a masochist. For fun (because Ravenclaw), I'm rounding up all the plot bunnies that have been appearing and are nibbling at me, and putting them in a spreadsheet, and will be asking a couple of people for opinions on which should be in the running for my NaNo project(s). There are...more than a handful of them. That being the case, I thought I'd put up this little guessing game, if anyone wants to have a go at it. I honestly don't know the answers myself yet, but I'll be posting the correct answers around the first of November XD
So, here we go!
How many bunnies in the Teen Wolf Fandom?
I am alarmed that 151+ is even an option
How many bunnies in the Harry Potter Fandom?
How many bunnies in the Suits fandom?
How Many Bunnies in the Les Mis fandom?
How many bunnies in the Marvel Cinematic Universe fandoms (Avengers, X-Men, all others)?
How many bunnies in the Inception fandom?
How many bunnies in other, not-otherwise-listed fandoms?
How many bunnies, total?
In which fandoms (named or unnamed) are you HOPING for bunnies?
|Still alive, still kicking, still busy (and generally covered in sugar).
||[Nov. 26th, 2012|08:56 am]
|[||Tags|||||add--i has it, beware of flail, fics have eaten me alive, i have the best friends ever, i need more hours in the day, i need more sleep, i ramble a lot, meeting fandom people, news, real life stuff (sorta), someone please kidnap me from work so i , this is to prove that i am still alive, via ljapp, where the hell is my time turner, work is trying to kill me||]|
As for the question of my sanity...well, we could argue I've never been particularly sane, anyway, so maybe that's a bit moot.
Things are, of course, utterly crazy over here. Every time things seem to be working out and smoothing out and such, something sudden will happen to throw a wrench into it. Some of that'll be listed below, but this is gonna be kind of a fragmented post, possibly in bullet-points (let's see what happens), basically to give a general update of what's been going on over in khas-ville in the last few months.
[Some random work-stuff you may or may not want to read, so here, have a space-saving spoiler-cut!]
- We did hire a cake decorator. We transferred her, actually, from another location, because she's been trying to get into ours for a while. She's actually one of the company founder's grandchildren. She's 2 years younger than I am, and it's funny, because there are people who were worried she may not work out, or be easy to work with, but I fucking love this girl. She's like me, in that she's often quiet, but if she's comfortable, she's completely personable and happy to chat. We have a lot of fun, she's talented (and quick, oh, thank god) with the cake-making, she does theatre stuff (mostly stage managing, at present), so we have a lot to chat about there, she's funny, and she is soooo on top of ways to make the back easier to work in, more organized/streamlined, and she's the one employee I've never had to get on re: sanitation and health code and such (it's not really been a big problem, with others, but I've had to do more reminding to change out sanitizers, or keep raw eggs on bottom shelves, or making sure things are expedited for freshness, or quickly chilled, or whatever, than I feel I should, especially for those who've actually worked in kitchens before).
- My department manager (we'll call him "Kid") left. He stepped down, then transferred to another store (the one where he'd worked before), but also switched from working bakery (or grocery, which is what he used to manage there before he managed bakery stuff here) to working the meat counter. We got a new manager (we'll call him "Metal" from this point on), who used to manage the bistro kitchen (he's been a chef pretty much his entire career). No, they didn't offer me the bakery manager position (I'm Assistant Manager for the bakery, and the Bakery Production (kitchen) Manager), but I would have absolutely declined, if they'd offered it, since it would have taken me out of the back. Metal's light-years of difference from Kid, which is both a plus and a minus, depending on the aspect of the job we're looking at. For instance, he's trained me on a lot of management and financial stuff, and with that info, we've seriously (and noticeably, even to corporate) improved our numbers since he/we took over in Oct.... But he, by his own admission, "knows shit about actual baking and cake stuff". So, it's interesting sometimes.
- I have (er...had) three employees under me, which is a full staff: one full-time cake decorator (who can also do basic production, and is learning on that front, when she's NOT doing cakes/custom orders, which isn't often), and two general production people (one w/ FT hours, one w/ PT). The PT person (we'll call him "Train"; I swear, these nicknames aren't just picked by stabbing at a random page in the dictionary) is...um...rough. Like, we've had to write off probably close to $1000 of product within 2 weeks, due to his errors. He's slowly improving, but I can't babysit him that much. It's a long story, as to how we ended up with him, anyway. My FT person was mostly competent, and had been noticeably improving, after the sit-down we had with her about a month ago.... Until she quit. Via a 2:04am text message. Four hours before her shift. THE DAY BEFORE THANKSGIVING. Ironically, it was also a few days after we'd sat her down and said how we'd noticed her stepping up her game, and telling her how much we appreciated her making the effort, and other general praise. She cited "unresolved personal issues" and, trust me, I understand people can have issues. But even if she'd opened like planned, worked a couple of hours, and quit, it wouldn't have been such a big thing. Or if she'd given hints before. She was supposed to leave early that day to fly home for Thanksgiving, anyway. But whatever. We're interviewing someone tomorrow (used to work for the company, in the bistro, under Metal), and, really, all I really need right now is a body who can read a recipe and execute it, so the other girl and I can focus on things that require finesse (cakes, decorated cookies, "funcakes", etc.).
- Because of the quitting thing, and having to babysit Train to correct errors and provide constant reminders (he was told to write stuff down by Metal, but doesn't, and that might be a Talk we have soon), I've been working on my days off. I'm salaried, so I don't get compensated in any official/guaranteed way. Metal's taken to popping up with lunch he's bought me, or my preferred energy drink, but it's not like I count on that, and he insists he's just "showing appreciation for [me] kicking ass and supporting how [he] can". It's more than other managers would do/have done, and I do appreciate it. He's a good guy. This is part of the reason I've been so scarce here (and even on twitter, lately), though--just a complete lack of time.
- Still need to do another pic-heavy post of "here, look at some stuff I've made!"-type things.
And that's really it, as far as I can recall at the moment. I'm kind of sick (which happens sooooo very rarely, so when this cold popped up, I was basically like "WHAT THE HELL IS THIS?"; I haven't had a cold in, like, 4+ years), and more than a bit overworked, so I'll probably remember a bunch of stuff after I hit post.
- Yeah, work is insane, but I'm still squeezing writing in. Often on my phone (and I swear, autocorrect is the bane of my existence during these times), just purely due to logistics. My poor, put-upon beta (the always amazing groolover) is quite good about just noting these errors, adjusting or highlighting as needed, and not commenting with "what the hell are you ON, substance-wise?" or the like. It's almost kind of fun to write, send to beta, do edits, and even post via phone, because until it hits AO3, I often have no idea how the hell many words a fic IS.
- I've been failing at posting here, but there are newer fics up on my AO3. Suits and Teen Wolf. Plus, I have over a dozen other things that are not actually too far from being done (Suits, TW, Avengers, and I'm working on an Inception thing--the sequel to last year's Inception Big Bang).
- Yeah, I've been sucked into Teen Wolf fandom. Violently. AND I REGRET NOTHING (though I still blame maja_li, who can be blamed for so much of what I do/write in fandom, you have no idea. Really, it's of note if she's NOT to blame for something or behind it in SOME fashion. But she seems quite happy to take this blame, so).
- Have been able to hang out with the fantabulous Esby (byaghro) (alone, and occasionally with our spouses) lately, and thank god, no, really. It's such a life-saver and awesome thing to have a fellow fangirl so close by, who is totally okay with sitting in three different coffee shops/bakeries in a day, doing general squeeing, flailing, plotting, and reading of random internet things for like 7 hours before we meet up with aforementioned spouses for dinner and a movie (a thing we did Saturday, after I worked, since it was supposed to be my day off). GLORIOUS. Also, she and maja_li started plotting out possibilities for one of MY fics (that I'd been somewhat stuck on), via IM, while I was sitting there and glaring at my fic!doc, despite Esby not having actually seen any of the show/fandom in question (besides the "we're on a ship!" Sterek video/promo). Which was sort of an odd thing, but worked out, because they were able to toss enough around in the way of possible things that fit what I was looking to do to get me settled in a new direction, totally un-stuck (and we even managed to keep spoiler-free)! And Esby got to laugh at how often I tried to tuck my phone into a pocket that wasn't there, because it seems like I am never NOT wearing a chef's coat; basically, it looked like I was feeling myself up a lot, because that pocket's right over my left boob. Almost dropped the phone as a result, each time. Yay for people who put up with me XD
- I actually have a handful of recs collected (again, TW, Suits, and Avengers), though I'm sure a number of you have read some of these things already, but I'll eventually post them here. They're from a number of genres--crack, smut, ovary-exploding UST, angsty H/C, etc, because I like all manner of things :)
- Saw Skyfall. Twice (once w/ DH, once w/ DH, Esby, and her hubby). Accidentally not!fic'd some Bond/Q stuff with maja_li. No surprise there. Also some stuff with Harvey Specter, involving Bond. And some Harvey/Mike, Bond/Q crossover stuff. Again, no real surprise. PAR FOR THE COURSE, IS WHAT I AM SAYING.
HOW IS EVERYONE, BTW? I MISSSSSSSS YOU GUYSSSSSSSS. *glomps everyone before ducking back into the kitchen to make cakes*
|Suits Fic: Edith and Gordon (PG)
||[Aug. 23rd, 2012|06:35 pm]
Title: Edith and Gordon
Characters/Pairings: Edith Ross, Gordon Specter, Mike Ross, Harvey Specter
Word Count: 1500
Spoilers: Through 2x09 (“Asterisk”).
Warnings: none, other than canon events.
Summary: A meeting, in Heaven.
Author's Note: Written/intended as Harvey/Mike preslash, but can easily be read as gen. Was initially going to be longer, but I wanted this up before 2x10 aired (so there might be a continuation some time in the future, but we'll see about that). Also, this can be blamed entirely on maja_li (is anyone surprised by that, at this point?).
( Edith and GordonCollapse )
||[Jul. 14th, 2012|10:18 am]
Fandom: The Avengers (Marvel; 2012 movie 'verse)
Pairings/Characters: Tony/Steve (pre-slash; can be read as gen)
Word Count: 400
Summary: He hasn't known Tony Stark long, but Steve knows that look in his eye all too well. It's the look of someone about to propose a challenge he's already sure he can win.
A/N: I blame this fic (like so many of my others) on maja_li. We were discussing the Marvel films the night I had finally caught up on them, before seeing The Avengers. She said she wanted a fic that corresponds with the last line of dialogue in this ficlet, and I wrote this on the spot, promising to write the follow-up once I'd seen The Avengers. That fic is currently in the works, and will appear shortly. But it all starts with this.
Alternate Links: On AO3
He hasn't known Tony Stark long, but Steve knows that look in his eye all too well. It's the look of someone about to propose a challenge he's already sure he can win.
So when Tony opens his mouth, eyebrows raised, and asks Steve if he can keep up when it comes to holding his liquor, Steve simply nods and gives him a quiet "I think I can manage."
God knows how many drinks later, Tony's barely upright and Steve's just worrying about the bar tab. But then Tony flashes one of his many plastic cards--this one black and sleek like half the things that he owns--and the bartender waves Steve off.
"What, did they build you so a good, wholesome American boy like you can't get drunk and embarrass the country?" Tony slurs as they make their way outside of the bar. "Or is there some sort of injectable potion they've got you on, too?"
"High metabolism," is Steve's response. He slings one of Tony's arms around his neck and wraps one of his arms around Tony's waist, trying to keep him on his feet. "Easy does it."
Tony laughs. "Guy like you isn't chivalrous enough to carry me home in his arms?"
Even Steve smirks. "I usually reserve that for dames with twisted ankles or fainting spells, but if you insist..."
It's easy to sling Tony up and get him into his arms, despite all the drunken flailing and protesting suddenly taking place. "I didn't mean that you--" he starts, but Steve just holds him tighter.
"Oh, just a lot of talk, huh?" Steve asks, trying to ignore the looks they're getting from the few people on the street.
"Hey now. I may talk, but I can back it up, I'll have you know."
"Yeah, when you're in your suit," Steve murmurs, bending his knees enough to get the passenger door open and manhandle Tony inside. He can drive Tony's car home. Probably. It's just a car, right? At least this one's older than a lot of the ones Tony drives.
He situates himself behind the wheel and looks over when Tony taps him on the shoulder with just his index finger. "Yeah?"
"We've really got to get you and Thor together in a drinking contest," Tony says earnestly, and then he's out cold, and all Steve can do is shake his head and grin in spite of himself as he buckles in and starts the engine.
||[Jul. 12th, 2012|05:12 pm]
I have epic amounts of flailing to do over awesome things! But I am so giddy about things that I cannot be coherent! But there is massive good news, and there was an awesome husband-friendly fangirl meeting yesterday evening, and the good news comes with bonus good news!
*flails and knocks self in face*
Um. Till I get the flail under control, I am just gonna post a fic or two. Avengers ficlet, and maybe something else! Will write a real post later! *glomps everyone*
||most recent entries